I could never justify buying a Rolex again. For that matter I don't think I could buy any expensive watch again. During my time of dabbling with Rolex watches I have owned 3 different Submariners, an Explorer 2, a new Milguass, and a GMT II.
Recently I had to put my 16610 on market because I need the cash for my business. Its replacement was a Seiko Black Monster purchased new off of Amazon for $211.00, and that included next day delivery.
My observations so far:
* The Monster, an automatic, keeps better time then any of the Rolex watches I have owned to date. I got the watch 3 days ago and so far it has gained 1 second total in 3 days.
* The Monster lume is 100 times better then ANYTHING Rolex has out. After 12 hours of sleep in a room with zero light, the lume still shines perfectly bright.
* With drilled lug holes it is as easy as it gets to swap out bracelet for Nato and vice versa. Because of the indention's on the back lugs, it is actually 10 times easier to install the bracelet then on my 16610.
* The Monster bracelet is in my opinion, better then the 93150.. I say this because of the clasp system, the solid end links, and the overall solid feel of the bracelet. If I ever manage to destroy this bracelet, do you know what a brand new one costs??? $59!
* The unidirectional bezel is smoother and flat out works better then the one on my sub.
* The monster has a day and date complication.... You cant get that complication in Rolex on a new watch without spending more then 20k!
* Factory Replacement and Custom parts for this watch are ridiculously cheap!!!! Dials are $15! Saphire crystals $60! Hand sets $15! Bezels $15 (5) case gaskets $12! complete 7s26 MOVEMENTS $50!!!!
For the price of my Rolex insurance policy, I could buy a new Monster each year. Unbelievable.