Sign in to follow this  
gogetit

I need your recommendations for a Tough Solar, Non Atomic G Shock

I have been browsing a lot and It looks like there aren't many Tough Solar Non Atomic models when it comes to colours and displays.

I might pull the trigger and get a G5600E but the colour choices are so few. the basic black one is nice but black is kinda boring sometimes.

The G6900-1 has grabbed my attention too but once again the colour choices are so scarce and hard to find.

Atomic is not a function I need in my country. So solar only will suffice.

Also I already have a G9300 n im willing to spend a maximum of $100 for my second G.

I was gonna recommend the GF-1000/8250 Frogman.

Then I saw your budget...

Sorry, but there's only a few models that will fit that budget.

You will be limited to the white/yellow/military green G-6900/5600, or non-atomic variants of the GX-56 King (I think you'll need to add a few more $ for this one).

Why not just get a tough solar/atomic?

It should automatically disable the receiving function when you set your home city to a place without atomic signal.

You'd have much more selection that way!

And it's not like the atomic feature costs much (if any) extra money when comparing the broad scope of prices.

It isn't a G-shock, but I recently bought a PRG-270 as my second watch.

Tough solar, no atomic, and ABC functions! Plus it can be had for as little as $110!

I don't know if that would interest you, though.

I wouldnt worry if its atomic or not, just get the watch you like, im in sydney, theres no atomic here but thats ok, as soon as i enter the syd timezone it cuts out the atomic and works just like normal, so dont limit yourself.

I just bought a protrek that i could get cheaper in atomic than standard, its exactly the same watch bar the atomic that you can turn off.

All g's are pretty tough so go with the model you fancy, maybe a mudman?

cheers

I tried on the yellow and basic black 6900 the other day and when i enquired about other colours i was told there aren't anymore. I was shocked. Got home n did some searching n it turns out there r a few more but those r limited editions released a few yrs ago. The King is just too big for my taste. the 9300 Mudman is probably as big as I would like my watches to be.

If I had an unlimited budget I would have bought a GWA1100 without thinking twice.

Im on a limited budget so that extra cost for an atomic feature I won't use will just be a waste of money to me. when i have more cash in the future perhaps I would consider a G with an atomic feature.

Another thing is I am from Malaysia and atomic models are limited. Usually only the non atomic option for a particular model is brought in. So it would be really hard to test atomic models on my wrist before buying.

my current 9300 Mudman is probably the best non atomic solar model in the market. but as we all know one G is never enough LOL

after getting the 9300 recently, I assumed that all Master of G models has both atomic n non atomic variants. I was even thinking of getting a non atomic Rangeman. unfortunately that model doesn't exist. broke my heart.

well, i certainly didn't know that they charge extra for the atomic feature, or people tend to think that way, the 3 popular lines 5600, 6900, and 8900 offering many choices of colors and have solar feature

what is your favorist color ?