Sign in to follow this  
ybatman

Why no GW9300 outside of Japan?

I've recently purchased my first g shock (G9300-1 muddy) which I'm really happy with. I did look at purchasing the JDM GW version but for me the cost difference just wasn't worth it.

Is there any reason for casio to not sell the GW version in the UK? Seems plenty of people want them

IMO, some watches just stay in the Japanese market. And this just happens to be one of them. It was the same thing with the atomic frog GWF-1000 until last month. We could only get the solar version, the GF-1000 before.

I bought my GW-9300-1DR in London G-Shock West (Covent Garden), in Feb 2012. It is atomic and had carbon-fiber strap, but made in Thailand.

I am wondering, is there a Japanese-made version? Maybe I should have researched better as mine has, depending on the weather/temperature changes, this "fogging problem", which is known to appear in some Thailand-made G-shocks.

On the other hand, it's my most accurate G-shock ever, it's still doing +0.08 s/day after 3 years of 24/7 wearing (including in the shower).

Casio will release GW versions to Europe as well occaisionally but not all colorways. They have only released one GW to the USA (so far) and that is the GW9330b, 30th anniversary Initial Blue. A lot of countries will not purchase a more expensive version of a G-Shock outside of Japan (as you mentioned).

I forgot suggested retail right now, but it is usually about US$100 to get the GW.

sent with aloha

Well i got my G9300 last month and its made in thailand.

I hope theres no differences in quality as its been great so far but would be disappointing if it developed problems further down the line

I just wish I could find the G-9300ER-5 for under $500. I realize it was a limited edition but I'm not willing to pay that much for a $300 watch. BUT, I really want this Muddy pretty badly.