Sign in to follow this  
JackSon1

Longines Legend Diver strap and AR coating confirmation from Longines

I've seen many threads about both of these LLD attributes so I decided to ask Longines directly.

My question:

I have the newest iteration of the Legend Diver w/date, the one with the depth rating marked on the dial. Two questions:

1) Your website describes the watch to have "Glass: Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, with several layers of anti-reflective coating on the underside", yet when I look at the pictogram stamped on the case back of my watch (picture attached), the "S" pictogram neither has one underscore "_" nor two underscores "=" underneath the S; meaning it's a sapphire crystal with neither 1 layer of AR coating on the inside nor several layers of AR coating on the inside, respectively. Please explain.

2) The strap is listed as "Material: Synthetic strap". Is it safe to say that the strap then is extremely durable and water-proof, since it IS attached to a dive watch?

Thank you for your time, eagerly awaiting your response.

The Longines response:

"Dear Mr. xxxx,

Thank you very much for writing to us. We are really happy to learn that you own one of our products.

On the case back of the Legend Diver watch is a simple S engraved without two underscores, however, we kindly confirm that this watch is equipped with a sapphire crystal with several layers of anti-reflective coating on the underside.

Referring to your second question, please be kindly informed that this synthetic strap has been conceived especially for this type of watch and is therefore suitable for diving.

We hope that we could assist you with the above information and stay at your entire disposal at any time in case you would have any further questions.

Best regards,

Amra Kusuran

Customer Service - Customer Care Adviser

http://www.watchtalkforum.com/uploads/monthly_04_2015/20150403104913_nzf3xbymk4z

Compagnie des Montres Longines Francillon SA

CH-2610 Saint-Imier, Switzerland

Phone +41 32 942 52 66 - Fax +41 32 942 52 59

Join us on

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube

iPhone

"