Sign in to follow this  
Neil

Debut of my new watch: Nomos Metro

I always like TAG Heuer watches because of the influence of F1. In addition to TAG Heuer, I just knew some well-known watch brands before, such as Rolex and Seiko. A dozen years ago, I bought my first mechanical watch in Hong Kong. At that time, I knew nothing about mechanical watch. 

TAGHeuer_zps41e948a6.jpg

Recently,I have suddenly been interested in mechanical watch, so I wanna buy another mechanical watch. I have spent sometime in knowing more about mechanical watch and seen lots of pictures of different watches, such as IWC, Panerai, TAG Heuer, Maurice and Lacroix and so on. But I still can not make any decision. 

Afterwards, my colleague introduced NOMOS to me. It seems that NOMOS is not extremely popular among numerous watch brands. However, I was attracted deeply at the first sight of it. I love it so much, it has simple but elegant appearance and affordable price. Finally I bought it. Hence, I can not help sharing it with you. 

Simple wooden watch box. 

NomosMetro01_zpsada46045.jpg

Elegant Metro, it has distinctive cordovan strap. 

NomosMetro02_zps343491a6.jpg

I quite like the classical style of its lugs. 

NomosMetro03_zpsb23c750f.jpg

Its dial has amazing color matching. The small circle between 12 o’clock position and 1 o’clock position is power indicator. 

NomosMetro04_zps1b9b7380.jpg

The more I see its exquisite case back, the more I like it. 

NomosMetro05_zps13d01eb8.jpg

In the power indicator, when the red is growing, it means that power becomes less and less. When it is fully wound, the power indicator will become white. 

NomosMetro06_zps1e1d6e05.jpg

Its movement is hand-wound, and movement caliber is DUW 4401. This movement is equipped with Nomos self-developed escapement. Only a few manufacturers can produce this escapement in the world, and Nomos is one of them. 

NomosMetro07_zps610eeb0f.jpg

So beautiful, but its diameter is less than 40mm.

NomosMetro08_zps74b734f1.jpg

I found that when I wear it, it does not look small. Otherwise, it is manual winding, and its thickness is about 7.6 mm. It is a thin mechanical watch. 

NomosMetro09_zps704d5dc1.jpg

Look, it is really elegant and gentle. 

NomosMetro10_zpsd9a86bdf.jpg

I quite like this watch, and I am glad that I can share it with you, thanks for reading.