Sign in to follow this  
KaHIjsa

Advice on identifying 1980s Rotary Gold Skeleton

20150424191656_ppx5crqv1ou.png

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place - I did a search and found people posting identification requests for Rotary in here - but I'm unsure if a 1980s watch qualifies as 'vintage'. I've had this watch since 1990 - it's mechanical, contains 17 jewels, and has no other details that I can make out. I will post better pictures later today or tomorrow. At the moment I'm looking for a name or a number for it, so I can look up its value.

Thanks in Advance!

Dave

Welcome to the forum. 1980 is not quite vintage (pre- and during the 1970s quartz crisis is about the limit) but we have had watches of that era on here before so we will let it pass.

20150424191656_ruhj0cem3ea.gif

Rotary is still in business so it might be worth approaching them. Alternatively, some clearer, close up pictures (preferably also of the back of the movement) may help us identify it further.

Hartmut Richter

Welcome to the Vintage forum. Interesting that it is a japanese movement. If you manage to post some clearer pictures than the first poster did, especially taken from the back, we might be able to help you.

Hartmut Richter