Sign in to follow this  
Belle

Help with Pasha Crono

First of all greetings to all of you here, I'm new of the forum.

I have some questions regarding a Pasha Crono I purchased (pics although bad attached):

- it was second hand so anybody of you have an idea of the approx years of construction? In which years it was sold this model?

- which company produced the movement?

- which movement is? Is it a good one?

I would like to thank all of you for reading and helping me on this.

Bye

That appears to be what was called the Pasha C Chronograph. IIRC it was produced from the late 1990s through maybe 2006 or so? The Pasha C was kind of like a mid size entry level Pasha model. It was about 35mm, and was available as a time only watch, chronograph, or GMT/second time zone watch. Its movement is an ETA movement. Its a solid work horse that should give you many good years of service.

Its not considered as fine a movement as what Cartier used in the full sized 38mm Pasha Chronograph, the F.Piguet 1185 (the 1185 is also the base movement used in the AP Royal Oak Chronograph, Vacheron Constantine Overseas Chronograph, and a few other high end brands). The 38mm Pasha Chronograph also had a saphire crystal back to view the movement.

Thanks a lot Dino for your explanation: basically is an entry level to mid size.

Although I know ETA movements are excellent I'm still a little disappointed since I was hoping it was using the Piguet.

Sorry that it does not have the movement you would have preferred. Keep in mind getting a 38mm Pasha with the F.Piguet movement would have cost you significantly more money.

Overall the watch you purchased is a good, reliable watch and it should provide you with many years of use and enjoyment. Congrats and enjoy it!

Cartier has used some GP movements in watches, but that is not what is used in the Pasha C that the original poster inquired about. It uses ETA cal 2894.

Also, the GP movements used have been for Tourbillon, Reserve de March, and for Perpetual Calendars. I did some brief research but did not find Cartier using GP movements for chronographs.