Sign in to follow this  
rustyu

Cartier Identification

Bezel seems wrong. The markers should be black on the bezel and it should be flat and angled instead of curved if the pictures shows correctly. The "automatic" script look fake and Its missing the center "square" of minute markers (that might be missing from the globe face). Unless its a Pasha C, the sapphire cabochon is missing on the crown cover. In the back the weight that swings (i cannot for the life of me figure out what to call it, google is no help) looks wrong. The central logo should be see-through. The rest of the fitting seems off.

I am calling it a fake.

Edit: I have looked up some more information and it seems to be a more convincing face than it is. It now appears to me that the piece is trying to be a Pasha C GMT instead of Pasha 38mm. So there is so saphire on the crown cover. the GMT also has a 4th hand and applied hour markers. However, the "automatic" is still in the wrong font, the back still looks very wrong and the GMT hand should be a round tip, not arrow.