Sign in to follow this  
Adams1985

Are all Hublot watches Limited Editions?

Just curious as I received an email from a staff when she said she would get back to me after inquiring about a specific limited edition.

"As well we would like to inform you that HUBLOT brand crafts just limited product and if the collection hasnt been produced as a limited edition, buying our timepieces you can be sure that you will be an owner of exclusivity."

So basically any watch that you find on the website will have a certain number of productions made, and then they would no longer produce it and remove it from the site?

Hmm..

20150320093139_5gshbwgz4yg.gif

Just curious is all..

Well good for them. I will mail them a cookie and a ribbon that reads "you are special."

Limited edition in name only. As to brrrdn's comment, I'm fairly certain you can find most Big Bangs all day. Most of the ones I have ever seen really don't have any special limited edition designation.

What I believe they were trying to say, and failed miserably at because they came across as pompous and arrogant, is that they do not produce a large volume of watches.

The basic steel, steel and ceramic, and rose gold variation Big Bangs have been in production since around 2008 or so and are still available. Almost every other variation is a Limited Edition of some persuasion. I like Toronto_Time's definition.

I was an early adopter of the Big Bang and can appreciate how it stepped up Hublot's reputation (and sales), the personal service from CEO Jean Claude Biver was also a nice touch. I sold it after a few years and have never really considered one again. Some of them look really cool but are ridiculously priced and they have abysmal resale value if you're a chronic flipper.