Sign in to follow this  
d3du

SubC 2tone, black dial or blue sunburst?

oh a tough choice ,,, but , no wrong answer .

no help i know ,,, but there you go , from owning both a black and blue 16613 , all i can say is that the blue is slightly louder , and attracts slightly more looks ,,, but they both have a fair wrist presence ,,, cant help any more than that.

You gotta go Bluesy. If for no other reason but to honor J.J.

thumbsup.gif

The sunburst is awesome but the now discontinued flat blue or Smurph dial TT Blue Sub is hard to stop looking at too.

agree.gif

I'm a newbie looking to purchase a new two tone Submariner and I can't make up my mind as to a conservative black or the new sunburst blue dial. My wife claims the bright blue dial would make me look like a pimp! Thoughts guys?

Pimps aren't known to rock blue dials. Watches that pimps and rappers and other gangsta wanna-be's wear generally have shiny YG, champagne color or diamond encrusted dials, and lots of diamonds on the Bezel, etc. The TT Sub with blue is considered a classic among both conservative men and unconventional dandies. It is one of the watches I am looking at for my next (between that and a Daytona of some sort).

Quote:

I was at my AD Monday morning to purchase a TT Submariner. Looked at and tried on both the blue and the black Sub-c watches and left the store with the blue sun burst Rolex. Still on a Rolex high and couldn't be more happier. Go blue!

thumbsup.gif