Sign in to follow this  
Buschy

breitling ?

A guy say my daytona and said that breitling is way better and way less expensive. seriously? I don't understand. I like osme breitlings too but after doing a lot of reading, is there any thing like rolex, I mean they are tried and true right? They also hold their value or increase, right? do any other timepieces do this?

and is rolex the only make that all theirpieces are"waterproof" instead of water resistant?

thanks

Every major brand has it's champions and it's detractors and each brings a unique something to the table. At the end of the day the particular brand/model we choose, we choose because it brings something special to us....and that is what it's all about.

cheers.gif

It's all subjective. Whilst I personally think the Daytona is a little pricey these days, there's no doubting the quality. The cal. 4130 in the 116520 is widely hailed as one of the best movements Rolex have ever done, and has a reputation for accuracy, practicality and ruggedness. On the other hand, Breitling makes a fine timepiece for a good price as well: high quality ETA movements, and a unique style about them. However, whilst many would describe the Navitimer as an iconic watch, I really can't see it ever matching the Daytona in terms of sheer demand. The Daytona is the most sought after production watch in the world, and still commands waiting lists of several years in many areas, as well as it holding it's value better than just about any other watch out there.

So, although there'll always be a rivalry between Rolex and Breitling, Rolex, for the time being, is still the king in my eyes.

Cheers

Chris

cheers.gif