Sign in to follow this  
sturgeon123456

For People That Have Multiple Watches.....

I wanted to get some fresh opinions on this subject. Many here have multiple watches and it seems like most have a favorite, or two.

I am interested to see if some fellow TRF patrons here simply put some watches on standby rather than flipping.

Also are there any people out there that collect some watches and don't wear them? Keeping them BNIB?

1. Whats the longest you have not worn a watch that you own?

2. Do you have any BNIB that are for collection purposes only?

3. Do all your watches get wrist time?

I try to wear most at least once a week...I am going through a selling phase so 4 are not getting worn at this point in time.

Most wrist time:

PO LMLE, GMT2c, Exp2, Sub 50th LV, Speedorite, PO, Pelagos, and Yacht-Master

1. About 3/4 weeks maximum.

2. No, I wear everything that I buy and would not buy if I didn't intend to wear it. I couldn't afford to do that.

3. Yes, I have 3 Rolex, 1 G-Shock and 1 Seiko and all get some wrist time. The Seiko gets the least by a long way.

1. 3 months while the watch was sent for service

2. No..remove all plastic while at the AD and watch is on my wrist when I leave

3. Yes..sometimes I go through different watches in a single day..maximum being 3 watches in a day till now.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1. 38 years. Purchased new by me in 1970, not worn between 1972 and 2010--now in regular rotation.

2. Have a late 70's watch that's still BNIB--but not to collect, it was a gift and been looking for the right trade practically since it was new...

3. No. 2 above apart, wear everything--from SS sport watches in regular use to grandfather's vintage gold for family functions.

1) It's not unusual for a piece to sit for a couple of months as I usually wear a watch for a couple weeks or more before switching to the next one anyway.

2) None sitting unused. I've never bought a watch that I didn't wear - immediately.

3) All get wrist time, though some more than others.

ill give it a month or two, but if im not wearing it, it is destined to go.

i do not keep anything bnib, i cant afford to put them in a drawer, they need to be worn and the more they are worn the cheaper they become on a per day basis:)

finally i am not a watch investor, i am an end user. when i buy i do not expect to make a profit, i do hope to not take too great of a loss.