Sign in to follow this  
Submarino

IWC Aquatimer 2000 Ref. 3568-02 Review

The Aquatimer 2000 is in my opinion one of the most iconic and beautiful models of the IWC house. With pressure-resistance to 2000m, 42-hour power-reserve automatic movement, 44mm size and a highly luminescent sapphire bezel, the Aquatimer Automatic 2000 is a great looking sports watch.

IMG_5366 copy.JPG

Fitted with the IWC 30110 caliber which is a modified base ETA 2892 the watch gets a little too noisy when the rotor is spinning around. The watch is available with a rubber strap or a stainless steel bracelet with quick release feature that helps when switching bracelets/straps without any tools other than your fingertips.

IMG_5361 copy.JPG

The stainless steel case is solid as it can be with the typical IWC markings on the back and beautiful matte finish. While the watch case back seems to be a little too thick it still sits nice on the wrist, however, I wouldn't say it's the most comfortable watch out there.

IMG_5355 copy.JPG

IMG_5357 copy.JPG

The sapphire crystal is extremely thick as needed on a watch that should withstand 200 bars of pressure. The crystal comes with AR coating on both sides.

IMG_5369 copy.JPG

IMG_5342 copy.JPG

IMG_5341 copy.JPG

The sapphire rotating bezel is one of my favorite features on this watch. It's not only beautifully finished but very functional. It comes with 60 perfect clicks, easy to rotate (even when wearing gloves), easy to read under water, the beautiful bumble bee combo (black and yellow) offers great contrast and the super luminova could not be any better at night.

IMG_5333 copy.JPG

IMG_5353 copy.JPG

photo.JPG

The rubber strap could be a little uncomfortable because of the pattern on the back of it but overall is made of really nice durable rubber 'a la' IWC. The strap is fitted my a nice matte IWC buckle that is easy to open and close.

IMG_5337 copy.JPG

Overall I the craftsmanship of this watch is excellent following IWC standards at a pure level. I personally enjoy the watch with jeans or a suit and it's a great looking watch overall.

The white dial on stainless steel is on my list of watches to buy. I think the real draw of this watch is the beauty and strength of the design, as the movement is nothing remarkable. It looks and feels much better in the flesh than in any pictures.

Thanks for a great review.

Hey Guys,

I was interested in getting this watch but I noticed that someone mentioned that the watch can be noisy. I personally hate it when you can hear a watches movement or you can feel the movement during normal wear. Can you only hear the noise when there is dead silence, or if you put your ear next to the watch, or can the movement be easily heard? Also, can you feel the movement during normal wear?

Thanks guys,

Cliff

Nice review! I have both the white and black-dialed Aquatimers and they are great divers:

IMG_9548.jpg

IMG_9932.jpg

I am unable to hear the rotor on either of mine, though. Both keep excellent time. For a 44mm watch, it wears very nicely with the 50mm lug-to-lug.

The velcro can be ordered for around $350 directly from Richemont or an IWC AD. The quick change system is nice when I want to swap between the rubber and the bracelet but it does limit aftermarket options. I prefer the JLC quick change system as it allows aftermarket straps whereas with the IWC system, you are limited to what IWC has to offer unless you modify the velcro base.