Sign in to follow this  
LuminousMaximus

BaLL for BMW watch...? What do you think?

I am just learning about Ball. I guess they are the Standard for the Railroad.

They are making a BAll for BMW.

I looked on the forum and there wasn't a sub category for them so i figured they were not too collectable....?

Anyway, what do you think about the watch/company...?

I love the brand and the company. Lots of history and the Lume technology is pretty awesome. I own a ball and love the quality. They have some really classic pieces. I am not a big fan of watch company makes watches for automobile however. It's like Panerai was branding with Ferrari once upon a time and it was a colossal fail. Lol

Great watches. Some of the best lume in the business and excellent fit/finish for the $$$$.

Only way I would own a watch marketed to a particular auto was if I had the car, then I think it's fine otherwise I would stick to non auto models.

cheers.gif

I've handled their watches and they are impressive. Agree about the Lume. It's like a gas or something. However the price point wasn't for me in terms of what else I could get. Also I don't really have any connection to the railroad to feel the love for the history.

Not a fan of these gimmicky product tie-ins watch manufacturers do with other companies, movies, etc. For this specific tie-in with BMW, it really begs the question "Which BWM do you drive?" Unless you have a BMW and are really passionate about the brand then go for it.

I'm a big fan of Ball watches. Their quality is amazing for the cost.

That mechanical thermometer is crazy. That's a pretty useful complication for a watch to have; unlike some of the other stuff that gets thrown in only because they can.

I like the Ball watch history in general and would still consider a Ball Watch however, I don't like that the BMW Marque is on the watch and the other thing that bugs me is that there isn't any lume on the second hand... That may be a deal breaker...

I've recently become interested in Ball and its tritium tube lume. Ordered this Lady Conductor and expect to have it in the next couple of weeks.

I think no self-respecting lume nut should be without a Ball watch.

agree.gif

read.gif

NL1068D-S3AJ-PK_zps1a9127e6.jpg

NL1068D_DIA_S3AJ_PK_night_zps756dcbcb.jpg

I like Ball, and I like my BMWs.

With that said, I don't think I would want a BMW Rondel on my Ball watch. Ball makes some beautiful references, no doubt.

I find it funny when I go to car meets or the track and see guys plastered head to toe in (BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes, Lambo, etc...) logos.