Sign in to follow this  
chrisrolexguy

if not ss daytona chrono which one...

THC is a terrific choice, as are vintage Tudor big blocks.

Also consider the Speedy Pro. Without commenting on the same quality question, it's a great chrono with a great history at a great price point.

916a7e671585b82e2a6e038219726faa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe one of these, I got mine for the same or less money second hand than a SS, and it just has more pop to me with some colour on board. Otherwise, Breguet, Omega, Zenith all make tasty options.

If funds are an issue, the Speedy Pro is quite a value - especially pre-owned. It serves owners well - with equal functionality and precision.

Omega doesn't retain residual value as well as Rolex from a BNIB perspective. But once that initial dip is taken, they both retain value well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought my old black 116520 was a little too "blingy" due to the PCLs, no AR, and reflective subdials and hands. So I traded it for a ROC. But I was still drawn to the Daytona and picked up a white dialed 16520 and absolutely love it. It suits my personal tastes better.

Others to consider: Royal Oak chronograph, overseas chronograph, fifty fathoms chronograph, Glashutte original sixties or seventies chronograph, Navitimer 01, Speedmaster 9300/pro

I almost bought a panda Tiger Tudor with SS bezel and oyster bracelet today because I liked the look. However I elected not to buy it because I have SS and WG Daytonas already and just didn't think I'd wear it enough. Cool though.

I'm not sure I would have more than one nice Rolex. When I don't want anything flashy (dodgy bars etc!) but still something I enjoy owning, I pop on my Breguet XX (pictured) no one notices it, and I love it. Have a Speedmaster Pro, its nice (was once my grail) but never gets wrist time when competing with this or the Yacht Master, so I'm in the process of selling it.