Sign in to follow this  
waspy1

Lange Sohne 1815 Chronograph

Hi folks,

I'd appreciate opinions (particularly from Lange owners) on the 1815 chrono and which dial is most preferred. I've only seen the new dial in the metal which has no pulsometer track. It looks cleaner and more open than the older one. The older is busier but looks a bit more sporty which I also like.

What are your thoughts? So far looking at White gold version as it seems more wearable than yellow / rose which only works for dress as far as I can tell.

Many thanks

c0715af6b3af4e02664c37aa04b801a3.jpg

fbe29300ad13a8ebdce0f7e4f7e32f08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the new version in RG on a black strap. Great dress chrono - understated but beautiful dial and blued hands. Thin enough to fit under a shirt cuff easily. And the movement is spectacular.

Don't own one (yet) but would love have one.

I prefer the newer dial as it is cleaner looking and better balanced (proportioned) as compared with the original. The original dial looks a bit cluttered to me and with the outer ring for the pulsations, it makes the actual dial on the watch too small relative to the case.

I have the older version and prefer it to the newer one. the older version has a layered dial, with 4 distinct levels to it. just a matter of taste / personal preference, you cannot go wrong with either in my opinion

hard to portray properly in a photo, but the outer ring is slanted inward toward the dial...I think it gives it a nice 3d effect, similar to how the movement looks on the opposite side.

I like both -- each have their plus and minuses -- which have been stated above. I have an ALS timezonee1-- I am a big chrono fan and came close to getting the 1815 chrono. As discussed, I liked the relative size and including the relative thin nature of the dial. However, I the lack of a date complication in these two pieces is what pushed me away.

Thanks for all the input folks. I guess it just comes down to taste. I like the new style but worried I'll get bored of it since it's so clean and flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both versions are insanely beautiful. The ALS 1815 Chronograph is absolutely on my wish list and will likely remain part of permanent collection. I would be happy with either one.

I was in search for the older version because I like the more classic look with the pulsation markers but it has been extremely difficult to find. The newer version also cost more so I didn't want to spend the extra $10K if not necessary.

The search continues.

I should add that I had seriously considered selling off my whole collection to buy the Patek 5970 and the ALS 1815 Chronograph was the only alternative that would satisfy my desire for a classic watch to not buy the 5970.

Since my wife doesn't think its a good idea to drop $140K on a single watch, I will just have to "settle" for the 1815 Chronograph.

The other fantastic features of this watch are the ridiculously beautiful manual wind movement that easily rivals Patek's and the cool feature where the minute register jumps instead of moving gradually.

Can you tell I really love this watch?