Sign in to follow this  
htc8p

chrono face off

Let me complicate it further, on the inside

the zenith is 36000vph

Non hacking original movement

Super accurate

the jlc has a more modern movement and feel

Has little innovations from the compression lock to rotating disk to strap change

IT is interesting you selected these two. I am a big Chrono fan in general but neither of these appeal to me…. Of course variety is the spice of life---- If i had to choose between the two-- I like the JLC a bit more. Why-- I like the asymmetry. I don't like the overlapping sub dial configuration

Between these two I'd lean towards the Zenith because I love the tri-colored dial and the EP movement. That being said, that model doesn't fit my wrist very well due to the case and lug configuration. But the 38mm version is on my wish list.

I've struggled with JLC. I know they make wonderful watches. I tried the Squadras and their shape just doesn't do it for me. These compressor chronographs are a little big and I'm not a fan of the oversized chrono buttons and crown (just like Grand Seiko). And their Master chronographs are very good looking on one hand but somewhat plain to me on the other. So every time I have considered a JLC, I've always found something else I like more at the moment.

That Zenith is a waste of time as a chronograph - the sub dials chop each other out.

What a dumb design.

thumbsdown.gif

The JLC is better in that regard but is not a good looking watch.

It's dial is also a mess.

thumbsdown.gif

I'd still go with an SS Daytona.

thumbsup.gif

thumbsdown.gif

Here is a vote for the Omega (Lemania) cal. 321 Seamaster Chronograph circa 1967. Still looks great and keeps perfect time after 47 years. The Cal. 321 is a must (as is the El Primero) in any serious vintage chronograph collection IMHO.

cheers.gif