Sign in to follow this  
pale_face

Do you wear your watch all the time?

I remember when I was a kid my dad used to wear his watch 24/7. In the bath/shower, for work, sleeping ect. And it got me thinking, does anyone do that with their Rolex?

I work in an office, so the only damage any of my watches get are scratches to the clasp off the desk, wearing a long sleeved shirt doesn't make much difference. I often hear Rolexes being described as a tool watch so I assume that if I went to work down a mine then it'd take quite a beating.

But wearing it whilst washing showering would seem alien to me. Wouldn't the soap/shower gel damage it (submariner) in any way, or maybe degrade the seals/gaskets ect?

I'd be interested to find out what people do, if anyone would like to share it with me. Thanks.

I take my watches off when showering or when I go to bed.

I don't see the point wearing the watch in the shower, ofcourse the watch can handle it, but I'm always afraid my crown isn't fully screwed in or the watch would get water damage in any other way.

And sleeping with the watch is just very unconfortable in my opinion. Sometimes when I drink to much I end up sleeping with my watch on, it always makes my wrist feel weird in the morning.

Whenever I'm not sleeping or doing something that may actually damage it.

My subs been through countless showers, boating, wave runners, fishing, running with the dog, drinking at bars till too late, power washing the house, car washes, etc etc etc

I used to wear them 24/7. Had a TT DJ that I wore 24/7 for 20 years without a problem.

But after reading on this forum that you could regulate the speed by the way you rest the watch at night, I have been sleeping with it on the nightstand. Works great. One in a display case the other I wear or rest.

Plus, someone made sense when they pointed out that if you rest it overnight, they create less wear and last twice as long.

I take mine off to sleep and shower. If I take it off to wash/work on the car it's for the safety of the car.

2001-2006 I had a titanium watch I wore 24/7. Whenever I did take it off there was soap scum in the clasp that needed cleaning. I don't shower with jewelry anymore.

I take mine off when I get undressed to go to sleep and I put it back on when I get dressed in the AM (after showering, shaving, brushing my teeth, etc.). When I take it off, I'm not particular in how I lay it down. I put it on the dresser and however it lands is how it stays overnight.

Not in the shower. Depending on what I'm doing is what watch I'm wearing. military or wrenching is my gshock. Most other outdoors type action is my kobold. And then from there is what mood I'm in. Usually remove my watch when I'm sleeping but I've fallen asleep with it on plenty of times

I used to take it off to golf. Keep in mind I was a golf pro for 14 years so it was more a comfort thing. Other than that I do leave it on all the time. I am almost legally blind so it is the only clock I can see at night. Wife doesn't love it scratching her while sleeping though.