Sign in to follow this  
ToniH.

Recommend me a dress watch

Hello!

I'm looking for a dress watch to go with my sport models. I really love pateks but unfortunately they are bit too pricey for me now. What are options for me in 1000 - 6000 dollar price range? I don't mind buying used.

It has to have:

white gold, ss or similar color metal case

small diameter, under 40mm (Dont like the big watch trend)

I think Mr. Lange got it right in this pic even its a gold watch.

format=750w.jpg

The JLC Ultra Thin Jubilee at 4MM , Limited edition and in Platinum is to die for.. Its a little beyond what your willing to spend but whats a few thousand between wis?

Only say this because I saw "deep house" has one for sale, first one I have seen out there and its marvelous.

1000-6000? there are literally tens of thousands of choices. Anything from seiko and Hamilton up to glashutte and jlc. There's just too many options with this spread. I can tell you that at your price you have maybe a handful of pateks and zero langes. Good luck and enjoy the hunt

Oh well. Maybe I just have to be patient and get the real deal. The sax-o-mat seems to be just what I'm looking for. Why are the nicest ones always also the most expensive onces?

thinking.gif

I mean I get that they have more complex and hand made movements but it seems impossible to find decent design in cheaper watches.

LangeLangematik14.jpg

Nomos Zurich Blaugold. In house movement, classic Bauhaus inspired minimalist design and a great dressy watch all round.

JLC MUT moon would also be a great choice though might be a bit above the budget.