Sign in to follow this  
slowhand

Which Calendar Piece - PP or ALS?

Hi all,

Am considering a perpetual / annual calendar for my next piece, specifically the Patek Philippe 3940G vs the Lange Saxonia Annual Calendar in white gold..

I am aware one is a PC while the other an AC, but I feel they are quite comparable in terms of clean dial layout, with nice symmetry and balance, white dial, and both also use a nice micro-rotor movement.

What are your thoughts on these two? Which do you prefer?

Cheers!

VEERRRRRY different watches even if the complications are similar. The Lange wears a lot larger/has a huge wrist presence. The patek is ultra thin and understated especially in white....try them on and you will get a quick and easy answer as to your preference.

Thank you for the replies thus far!

I am surprised that currently the ALS has more votes, it being an annual rather than a perpetual. I do agree though that the clean balanced dial and the big date, as well as the presence of a second hand appeals to me more. The pp probably has the fact that it is a PC going for it, as well as the history of the brand..