Sign in to follow this  
conkers

Another RM incoming

Finally, after a very long wait, it has arrived, the RM Aviator Watch, which has a slide rule built into it to measure just about anything and everything, including kilometres, nautical miles, statute miles, litres, US gallons, imperial gallons, metres, feet, pounds, kgs, distance/speed/time calculations, real altitude, speed air temperature etc. etc.! The instruction manual runs to 80 pages!

The detail on it and finishing is simply exquisite. It is of course a huge and very fussy watch, so it will not appeal to everyone, but it will always be a talking point!

Hastily taken photos with shaky hands!

Congratulations again, a real masterpiece. I'd like to hear something from you in a few weeks, after reading all the 80 pages of the manual and experimenting with the dial.

Is the small window @04:30 a function indicator?

Congratulations, cool piece. It will certainly be a conversation piece.

I don't think you'll ever find yourself in a room at the same time as anyone else wearing one, at least I wouldn't think so.

Enjoy learning how to work all of the functions. It sounds like it is going to keep you busy for a long time.

Congrats Roger!

As a licensed pilot, I still wouldn't know how to use it

chuckle.gif

Have fun with it and great to see the RM collection building again...more shots of the RM11 would be appreciated for selfish reasons...

red.gif

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I absolutely love it - the photos really don't do it justice, yes of course it isn't everyone's taste, but for me, I just love the complexity of it, and the skeletonisation of the dial is even more impressive in this case over the 11 (similar movement, with extra time zone function).

The instruction manual has given me a headache, so it will take me some time to digest, and I have to say a pilot using this in flight will need good eyes - particularly if there's some turbulence!

I don't have the full specs but the flyers amongst you will understand when I say it has all the functionality provided by the E6-B flight computer