Sign in to follow this  
The Hulk Mania

opinions on Hublot watches over Rolexes

Hi everyone.

I am thinking of purchasing a Hublot Big Bang 44mm Aero Bang.

I am currently have a datejust YG presidential from 1987, 16610 sub and the Hulk. I am thinking a Hublot will be a great addition to my collection.

What are your opinion on Hublot Big Bang watches?

Hublot are expensive for what they are IMHO, ETA movements, really chunky designs. To me more sizzle then steak. Fine horology lies with other manufacturers, fine fashion and flash is where Hublot comes in. Again JMHO

Its just another watch same as Rolex. Its just a matter of what you like. If it fits your style, go for it. Value is all subjective. A this point in time, I find Rolex grossly overpriced given their prices have greatly out paced inflation rates for basically the same watch of 30 years ago.

The ETA movement is a plus since it can be serviced by any competent watch maker and there always be parts. 100 years from now when your grand kids have your watches, I bet any ETA movement will be easier to service. You may not even be ale to get any old Rolex parts since they make no parts commitment for older movements.

Hublot are a current fashion trend and a popular look..

Big watches with an even bigger profit margin that any vendor can sell. You can even get Hublot on Amazon.

twitcy.gif

The question is wrong though. It would never be "Hublot over Rolex", as if there were some competition here, or even a basis for comparison.. Rolex doesn't remotely look like a Hublot and Hublot will never have the cache' that Rolex enjoys; Hublot has only been around since 1980 !!

If you like the look and don't mind the price, get a Hublot, they may still be around in a few decades, maybe not..

cheers.gif

Their Classic Fusion line looks nice to me but the Aero Bang with the skeletonized face isn't my style. Obviously, what you like is most important to you. That being said, I think in that general price range, I'd much rather have an AP Royal Oak Offshore if you're looking more along the lines of sporty chronograph.

Buy what you like.

Myself, hublot currently falls on my do not buy list. I do not care for their designs. They will be selling for 3-5 grand a piece like franc mullers in 10 years IMHO.

Okay so that's a bit of hyperbole

rofl.gif