Sign in to follow this  
rmurphy

Incoming: My new beater Seiko 7002-7039

After a little over two years since surviving a massive widow maker heart attack with sudden cardiac death I am planning my return in a much smaller capacity to my car lot. Three days a week, 15-18 hrs tops. We have grown from the mom and pop store I started 3 yrs ago to over two million in sales this last year. I can't ever see me being able to return full time nor back to running things but we do need to revamp and create a real service department. That's what I'm going to do. So I bought a watch that I don't have to worry about wearing in the shop area and thought I'd show it off a bit. I looked high and yonder for something cheap but nice, and I think I did it. Here she is :

qehu8ezu.jpg

tahyzeqy.jpg

ma7a7y3y.jpg

mu8ebysa.jpg

nanupa4u.jpg

rype7yja.jpg

All original, one owner. Perfect I think. I can't and wouldn't go shoving my arm into the engine compartment with my P Serial 16610. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow holy moly man! Take it easy and enjoy life. Cool your business is doing well, but health comes first. Hopefully you develop a good game plan for the service department and can then relax. Any kids that can run the business? Great looking watch! She is a beauty.

Aloha from Kauai,

Tom

I have a young guy that's been my GM now for the last year. He does a good job. Does what he's told. I have two other partners that have been a huge help. I'm a buy here pay here lot so 2 million in sales is kinda fictitious, if the car breaks down my customers can't afford to pay me and fix the car and put gas in it for goodness sakes so I'm going to try and get the service department running right and exit again. Maybe just go to the auction and keep us in in inventory. In January I was accepted into a clinical trial called the parachute(approved in the EU) but they implanted it and it's working well enough for me to consider it. I really worry if I can pull it off. We are at the beach this weekend and my ass is whipped. IVE GOT TO KEEP TRYING THOUGH!

Thanks Al! How are you doing this fine Sunday? Here's a selfie of my wife and I in my favorite place on earth. Morris Island lighthouse in the background. We had a work weekend at the family beach house, but we slipped away for a bit.

sanydy7u.jpg

3esy4upa.jpg

ejybujys.jpg

me4e9a5e.jpg

And a couple more of my niece and nephews. I had a wonderful weekend! I hope everyone else did to, I can't wait to get my watch.

Obligatory wrist shot: I'm quite pleased overall. Certainly not my Rolex but a great work horse for my new position at my car lot. Creating and managing a real service dept.

5ypesu9e.jpg

I agree wholeheartedly, it's not close to the class of my Rolex but I didn't buy it to be a Rolex. I do like it tho, I was going to wear it today but since I don't have to be at the office it's Rolex for me. LOL, it's nice to have a choice again tho, I was a one watch guy for awhile until I found this. It's my style. I really liked that this one is in a jubilee band, it gives me a chance to wear a watch with one. I've found rubber isn't much to my liking.