Welcome to WatchTalkForum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ward231

My Two Modified Speedmasters

I just received 2 Speedmasters back from my watchmaker after having the dials and hands modified. I'm ecstatic with the way they came out, and thought I'd share.

The first one is Mitsukoshi/Panda Dial mod, but instead using of silver hands I ordered Dark Gray (almost black) Min/Hour/Sweep Second hands from a Speedmaster

ref. 145.0818

, and used new white hands for the sub-dials. I love the contrast of the dark hands against the white dial! The dark Gray hands took months of back and forth with Omega to get the part numbers.

In case anybody is looking for them, the Omega part numbers are:

Hour and Minute Hands, Dark Grey with Luminous Infill, Omega PN 065PP4060

Center Seconds Hand, Dark Grey, Omega PN 066PP4061

dark gray sundial hands:Count Hand, Dark Grey, Omega PN 066TP4062

Subsidiary Minute Hand, Dark Grey, Omega PN 066TP4063

Subsidiary Hour Hand, Dark Grey, Omega PN 066TP4064

20150320170939_m1cgjtupext.jpg

20150320170941_gbnduul5tw1.jpg

The second mod I had made used an all cream colored dial, and Dark Gray (almost black) Min/Hour/subdial hands from the afore mentioned Speedmaster

ref. 145.0818

. The sweep seconds hand was order from a Project Alaska Speedmaster. I wasn't sure about this one until I got it on a gray strap, which gave it a real vintage feel. Now it's my favorite Speedmaster.

20150320170944_lzegby0spiv.jpg

20150320170947_ubbknwg0bx4.jpg

Both together:

20150320170950_sqqqjlkfz3a.jpg

Love those mods, both look great and thanks for the s/n for the parts. Useful info. Could you let me know, where did you get those dials from?

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous. Congrats.

Might do the same to mine (assuming i can manage to have my first speedy soon.......)

Those are both great looking, I like how you didn't go overboard on the modding, very classy and certainly tasteful. I love blue lume, and the white dial with the red second hand really stands out.