Sign in to follow this  
Tttale

In Need of Quartz Dress

Alright, guys, so I play golf. Badly, but quite often...and I have already ruined my HMT by shock.

So I'm looking for a Don Draper esque quartz - something very stylish and of vintage design. A vintage Laco design, for example. Maybe vintage Omega.

Anyway, I would like to keep this as affordable as possible. Quartz is essential.

This isn't the most economical quartz but it's not too costly. It's so Draper you'll be napping in your office and drinking at 10am before you know it.

20150721010011_rtlzepoicis.jpg

Amazon.com: Lip 1873022 Himalaya Watch: Watches

Love it, but it's a bit high. I may unload a few pieces that I don't currently wear much. Nailed the design type I'm looking for!

So far as drinking at 10 am and napping - college is rough. Besides, gin isn't a real drink, right?

That is a great suggestion. Nailed it. Blows my initial thought of a Skagen out of the water.

If I ever need a vintage looking dressy watch, Hugh will be the first one I ask.

You might look at the Junkers Bauhaus

1238895d1380695945-should-i-try-find-watch-under-$500-go-glorious-max-bill-99949883_v_1355975464.jpg

Also, if it's not too Sporty and enough "dressy," Citizen makes a Golf watch at a quite affordable price:

401560d1299696469-citizen-titanium-golf-how-band-sized-citizen-golf-large.jpg

20150721010014_jyd5kti30ua.jpg

You could "dress up" both of those Citizens with a handsome leather strap.

I might cop it from some on here, but I find my Daniel Wellington quartz watch with the St. Andrews leather strap still gets heaps of comments regarding how fancy it looks, and how exxy it seems. 44mm, thin as anything, minimalist dial... you can interchange the NATOs they have on offer quickly as well.

They can be had for under $200, free shipping etc, pus there are always 15% off coupons around the internet. Still one of my girlfriends better purchases! :) Well worth a look.

Allow me to recommend the Tissot T-Classic Tradition. Classical, minimalist design with style straight from the '60s. You can't see it in the picture, but there's a glass of Scotch neat in that hand.