Sign in to follow this  
bkertzer89

Has anyone actually broken their Rolex?

Hey Guys,

Just curious if anyone has broken or seriously damaged their rolex from use (other than scratches)? Given the fact that these watches are highly engineered I was wondering if anyone has been in a situation where their rolex failed to live up to its specs.

Thanks

In 1999, I was working the last day of Mardi Gras on the parade route, and a trombone player with one of the high school bands that was marching hit my Sea Dweller with its slide when he swung around dancing. My watch stopped, and had to be sent to RSC. Luckily it was right around the 5 year mark, so I was going to send it in anyway. 

After 21 years of daily winding the crown broke off of my 6263. 23 years later broke a mainspring. Considering my terrible maintenance schedual, two services in 44 years, I'd say Rolex builds a pretty solid product. Getting ready to send my 21 year old Sub out for its first service. Still running but it's running about 15 sec fast a day. I know, bad watch care!

thumbsdown.gif

Please don't judge me.

chuckle.gif