Sign in to follow this  
bkertzer89

Omega Speedmaster vs. Tudor Chrono Blue

The Omega is one of the most iconic pieces out there. As Adam said the Thc gives aWR rating that is comforting along with a second time zone capisity. I might opt for the black or grey were it me.

Speedmasters have quite the history, yet how many know at least two failed on moon missions? Omega has milked the moon stuff anyway, and if you put all the special editions end to end they could probably stretch to the moon. If you like it better, get it. I'd go for the Tudor, as it has no such marketing goo and is built by the same company it always was. Omega is now a Swatch imprint. The "real" Speedmasters also have a manual wind movement, which is not good long-term for keeping the watch watertight. Another consideration is watch thickness. I don't know how fat the coaxial Speedmasters are, but chronographs tend to be thick already and Omega coaxials can be chubby without the extra complications. Worth checking if you're such things matter to you.

I'm quite fond of my '69 Mark.

The renewed one that came out a couple of years ago is remarkable as well. Many like it with the racing dial and hands. Mines got a bit of patina on the hour markers. For the THC I'd want the grey not the blue but that's me. I just happened to be wearing the Omega this evening.

86D669EE-B036-4D3F-82B5-FC8260272066_zpsoy51dyye.jpg