Sign in to follow this  
DCheeta

The New Speedmaster 57

I stopped by the boutique on 5th Ave today and tried it on. It's awesome. But I also tried on the DSOTM, which I absolutely loved. Now I have to decide between the two...

Some pics...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436139013.470718.jpg

The 57 looks bigger on the wrist than it actually is. I think it's the silver-colored bezel and the straight lugs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436139094.314414.jpg

Awesome!

They called me when that bracelet version came in a week or so ago but I haven't had the chance to check it out.

The bracelet looks great. The strap looks great as well. Will most likely get the bracelet version and the strap with the deployment separately.

Looks really nice Great coloring and overall impression.

Will Omega get flight qualified with the new coaxial or are they sticking with quartz analogue/digital hybrids moving forward?

As a DSOTM owner let me make the decision a wee bit harder for you.

We met up with another Omega fan this week and he had his two day old 57 with him on a beautiful Omega tan strap. It was getting dark and this was the best pic I could take.

The metal bracelet is a little too shiny for me - with the tan strap on there was less of a distraction away from the beautiful face.

All subjective of course. But I was most impressed.