Sign in to follow this  
RUK

Speedmaster pro - strap options

I have a 3570.50 Speedmaster professional on the bracelet but want a good strap for it.

I bought a black hirsch calf leather strap and hirsch deployant and did like it much. The strap doesn't feel substantial and the clasp isn't well finished.

I then got a OEM style brown leather strap and I like the colour but again the quality isn't the best.

I'm now considering the Omega 18mm deployant and the omega calf strap with holes - but I wonder if this is too sporty.

I guess what I want is a strap that feels heavy with curved edges. The Hirsh Medici and Leonardo are the only options I found by searching the forums.

Should I get one of them or are there any other options? Would love recommendations and pictures.

Thanks.

5dcd59fcb0a9574b6e9ada18ae4eb631.jpg

I'm just the opposite, I prefer the thinness of a horween shell cordovan strap on a speedmaster. I did have the omega calf strap with holes and an 18mm deployant - definitely more sporty but I liked the look and it was very comfortable

I have a black Medici with white stitching on my Speedy. I started with the Hirsch deployant clasp, but never could get the size just right. I moved to the buckle and it's perfect now. I have the straps riding a little higher now than in the picture using the plastic inserts and it looks much nicer.

Speedystrap1_zps4cacc4ca.jpg