Sign in to follow this  
dan5

Speedy Pro 9300 or Sub C

Fellas...HELP! I cant decide and love both but the wife say only ONE. I will be purchasing pre loved. I wear suits to work and Tshirt short kind of guy! I tried both of them on several times and still to hard to decide.

banghead.gif

Any suggestion on which to choose. Only concern is , has anyone experienced any problems with the 9300 movement? I know there really and no wrong answer here. I can only have one iconic watch. Thanks Fellas!

Depending on if your needs of a chrono complication, but for me Sub-C over the 9300 Speedy Pro.

However, if it is the Speedy Pro with the 1863 calibre at a lower price point, that would be a tougher choice.

I haven't heard about any problems with the new Omega movement. Looks is about taste, but I personally find the Speedy 9300 to be a bit too big at 44.25mm, too thick and the lack of adjustable clasp turns me off, so I would go SubC on this one.

Tough choice. I have a SubC, but the Speedy 9300 is a stunner. I love everything about it.

Between the two, I think the Sub is a more practical watch. It's greatest strength over the Speedy is its water resistance. Yes, you will not be diving to 1000ft, but the screw down crown really gives you a sense of security. I can wash my hands, take a shower, swim, dive, etc... with my Sub and never think twice about water getting inside the case. The Speedy, on the other hand, doesn't have a screw down crown. I believe it is water resistant to 100m, but I'd never shower/swim/dive with it. The Speedy has a chrono feature, but unless you need to time something to the second, you can also use the Sub to track the time. Simply align the bezel to the minute hand and you can accurately track the minutes.

9300 for me.

Really like the ability to use the chronograph dial for a second time zone.

Plus it looks much better on a strap. It's a lot more versatile in that respect.

It's also a good amount less expensive (when bought from the trusted sellers here) and comes with a 4 year warranty as opposed to 2. Don't think either would have issues but it's nice to have in case something does happen.

I too own both, but since the Speedie has entered the rotation, the Sub has been a bench-warmer. Everybody, their uncle, and their accountant has a sub.

In terms of innovation - Rolex takes a an existing watch, puts it in a different outfit - and ta-daaa!!! New model. The 9300 is all new.

People never seem to get tired of those cliches.

agree.gif

A BNIB Sub-C starts with 7k and as far as I know only very few people can spend this kind of money on a wristwatch unless we are talking about guys in the country club. The second cliche which is older than the hills is that Speedy owners are educated WIS who know what they are buying and Sub owners are ignorant wannabes.

thumbsdown.gif

Funny thing is that I've been building my modest watch collection over the last 20 yrs and I wanted to get another Sub so I sold my Speedy to a friend who cant tell the difference between auto and quartz

rofl.gif

Last, The Speedmaster 9300 is not even close to the original Speedy so this is just a matter of personal preference not a WIS test of any kind.

thumbsup.gif

cheers.gif

Does anybody really care about how popular a watch is? I could care less about how popular the Sub or any other watch is. I buy what I buy because I like it. That's it. I don't care if it is the most popular watch in the world or something that nobody has ever heard of.