Sign in to follow this  
lindstd

What is better looking-older or new style PO?

My buddy and I have been going back and forth on this specific question and I am curious of your opinion. I am wondering which PO you like in terms of looks and looks only. The newer movement and bracelet is out of the picture. Thanks in advance!

I prefer the 2500 but then again, I am blessed to be among the 1948 owners of the PO Liquidmetal LE. Regardless, I prefer the look, comfort and feel of the original 2500s. Omega will probably introduce revisions of the PO in the future but IMO, the original will be THE classic Planet Ocean.

I am not in the least tempted by the over-sized 8500 PO in any of its variations.

Had both too. While I prefer certain things on the PO 8500, overall the PO 2500 is the better, more elegant and classic looking of the 2. The black bezel is sharper looking than the dull grey. To the comment stating the bezel is a piece of tin, my toilet is made of ceramic so I wouldn't get all caught up with the ceramic vs aluminum as each has advantages and disadvantages.

PO 2500 is a much more classic looking diver and IMHO, a much better looking watch. That being said, the new PO 8500 is a stunning watch on its own right and a mechanical masterpiece. You can't go wrong with either.

Here's my PO 2500

cheers.gif

I prefer the 2500. I have tried the 8500 but it is just too thick for me. The bracelet is nice, but I find the pin/screw combo annoying, especially since the screws are so tiny and easy to lose. I wish they would have gone with one piece screws like the screws found in Rolex bracelets. That being said, I do enjoy the matte look of the 8500 bezel and the lume on the markers. But if I had to pick one, I would go 2500.