Sign in to follow this  
Bebot

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

I owned the PO but with orange numerals at the 12,6, and 9 and a black bezel with the stainless steel bracelet. It was a very well crafted watch, kept good time, great lume, great clasp, and moderately priced in comparison to most Rolex's. There were a few things I did not care for about the watch. I ultimately traded it in and purchased a sub LV. It is a heavy watch which I can deal with but it sits up pretty high. This means it was difficult for me to slide it under my shirt cuffs. I wear suits all day. The matte black background as opposed to pure black made it look to me a bit washed out and makes reading the watch (for older eyes) a touch more difficult. The bracelet and clasp are great but if you are a desk diver it does scratch pretty easily. The last thing has to do with the extra crown or HRV (Helium Release Valve) on the 9 o:clock side; I just didn't think it looked very good. The HRV I suppose is necessary if you are a professional diver and frequent bone crushing depths. My Rolex LV is rated for 1000 ft and is more than enough...it is about 980 feet too much for me actually. Good luck.

cheers.gif

I own a 45mm of this, I like it but don't wear it much. I agree it's a well made and eye catching watch, I think it would possibly suit a younger guy than myself better .

When I have worn it out and about socially it seems to attract positive comments from friends, probably because it's so big and loud!

I own a 45.5mm orange. You want to buy a PO with the bracelet and then buy the strap as a option. You get a much better deal that way. Straps are expensive but no where near as expensive as a omega planet Ocean SS bracelet. The PO is my every day watch and my most accurate and favorite. Awesome wrist presence. Its a $6K watch at a $4K price tag.

WetPlanetOcean.jpg

PlanetOceanonCreek.jpg

POwrisrartblacknwhite.jpg

i have the 42mm bracelet version of it - and i love it.

100_6373.jpg

orange is such a nice colour and apparently orange is the best colour for underwater diving.

for me the 42mm is the best size, weight, height and comfort is spot on. great value for money watch imo.

thumbsup.gif

Oh its a fantastic watch! I have the black version and its super. After sales service is a bit horrid here in Australia for it but the watch itself is super! I had a few imperfections on mine, dust and fingerprints under crystal so be sure to inspect it before you run out the store. As for the movement, looks and feel you cant go wrong. I was a toss up between the No Date Sub and the Planet Ocean and I couldn't be happier.

I just sold my PO (45.5 mm)... Not because I didn't like it, but I had to do so to fund my new 16600...

The things I like about the planet ocean is the fantastic double AR-coating located both inside and outside of the sapphire glas. It gives you the most amazing blue tint in the right light. The other thing is that it fit my wrist perfectly despite the huge size of the watch. As mentioned in the posts above I would also recommend buying it with the bracelet, and buy the straps as an extra option.

a couple of pics:

4402866907_3c9e5e5c7b_o.jpg

4420119681_d7aabde294_o.jpg