Sign in to follow this  
Buschy

omega planet ocean chrono

I can get a new PO chrono 45mm one for $2900.00 is this a good price?

i ask cause i dont want to turn around in a year or two and have a watch that is worht less then a third of what i paid for it. i love the watch though.

seems to be a good daily beater.

thanks

Buschy

That seems like a good price. I recently purchased a non-chrono version for slightly less.

As for the resale value, you might want to have a look at the second hand market for a chrono NOW to get some feeling for how much it would be worth after a couple of years.

the discount is because it was returned, and they cannot sell it new now. if the watch was the orange bezel i would have snaged it already, but the black is growing on me.

seems like a deal, but is it a to good to pass up deal? that is the question. lol.

That's an excellent price, particularly if it comes with a full warranty (or even a partial one via the dealer, if it's the dealer I'm thinking of--I'm in DFW as well). The PO is a great watch, and it's one of my favorites, gets lots of compliments--more, surprisingly, than almost any watch I've got--, and is tough as nails: I've accidentally inflicted a few licks on that thing that I thought for sure would've scratched it up, but it survived unscathed.

The black bezel should hold its value better than the orange, as orange is kind of a "trendy" look and may lose popularity over time, while black is the classic look and should always be in. Only danger there is if the oversized watches lose their popularity, which would be detrimental to resale in the same way that the smaller watches have taken a hit now.

Btw, is this on a strap or a band?

Beautiful watches the Planet Oceans. The PO 42mm was going to be my next watch but logic dictated I purchase a Rolex. I will get a PO next time around but their prices keeping steady where as Rolex seams to be going up with inflation etc (btw; I'm talking pre-owned market here).

Sounds like an awesome deal to me! I am waiting for the delivery of my brand spankin new non-chrono PO I picked up for about $1800. If you can get it for half 50%, it's really a steal. Definitely go for it if they offer warranty, my friend!