Sign in to follow this  
TRankin

My 16610 off to Rikki

Just today I have sent Rikki my S serial number Submariner for some work. I recently acquired the watch and although it is in decent condition overall, I wanted to have a few things corrected. It was also running a little too slow for my liking.

I am really excited about how it will turn out. I've heard nothing but good things about Rikki and have confidence that it will be a stunner when I get it back!

Tony,

Well played sir. Believe me, you won't be sorry. He overhauled two of my subs (16800 and 5513) this year. Have all the confidence in the world, and try not to count the days until you get it back.

Be sure to take some after pics and post them here. I did and I'm so glad that I did, because the before and afters serve as a constant testament and reminder to his work, but furthermore, how much abuse these watches take and how well they run under that constant abuse. It also shows that the abused watch can be made brand new again in the hands of the right watchmaker.

cheers.gif

I dropped my 16613 off at his workshop last Wednesday - looking forward to getting it back. He was kind enough to give me a little tour and show me some of the pieces he's working on right now.