Sign in to follow this  
Cru Jones

No lug-hole bracelet removal - which Bergeon?

sorry, i know this has been asked before, but, i'm a clutz, so i need a tool designed for the purpose, and i'm confused, after having tried to search the board and not getting a clear (to me) answer.

twitcy.gif

for a mid-90s DJ, which bergeon to remove the springbar? 6111? 6767? some other model? ideally, it would be easy to use to avoid scratches....

and, do i need two of them? as in, depress the spring bar from each side? or, does one depress the springbar just from one side and not do anything to the other side?

any other tips?

thank you very much.....

worship.gif

worship.gif

worship.gif

cheers.gif

worship.gif

worship.gif

depress 1 side first and put a bit of tension with your fingers to hold it out of the hole (there will be just enough wiggle room for this, it can be tricky) then find your way over to the other lug this will be a cluttered hand position and a test of your dexterity.

if you have some sort of freestanding magnification to work under, it will be much easier.

cheers.gif

thanks all for the advice, much appreciated.

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

not so easy to source bergeon over here, as the one on-line shop i could find with the bergeon 6825-pf is out of the UK and currently has it on back-order. i'm not up for having it shipped from the U.S. and deal with customs fees, so, i found a no-name brand that seems to be the same at 1/4 the price. the pins are "ultra-fine" and 1mm, which i think is slightly smaller than the 1.1 mm ultra-fine bergeon. so, maybe no filing needed, either.

thumbsup.gif

0090dk_gr.jpg

if this works, next step = get a strap to see if the TT DJ can be "reinvented".

clap.gif

cheers.gif

cheers.gif

it arrived this morning!

cheers.gif

honestly, the pinch things don't seem to add that much, and it seems easier to use just one end of the device like a regular springbar tool (especially when putting it back together), but, hey, i'm happy, i got it off, and now i can go strap shopping.

agree.gif

DJ%2520taken%2520apart.JPG