Sign in to follow this  
OysterDavid

Beverly Hills RSC

I've just discovered that the Beverly Hills RSC is back in business and has been since August of last year...with technicians in house, accepting watches, sending estimates and doing all the stuff that RSC's do.

I even called them to verify. Am I late to the party knowing this?

They are just starting up operations at this point. They do not have all the equipment needed to work on all types of service requests. So, for many jobs they will at this point have to send the watch to the RSC in Dallas. I believe that they mentioned that their goal was to be fully operational by August of 2012 as they procure the necessary equipment.

Sometime the most important ingredient has nothing to do with how well the watchmakers got trained or how advance the equipments are, but simply just the watchmakers ethics.

I remember back to early 2000, I worked for a AD, one of the watch customer purchased less than a year, but got water in it from swimming pool, so we send it to Beverly Hills, the repair estimate come back was too high, so the customer rejected, watch was returned to us from RSC within two weeks, and the water is still inside!

It was no surprise Rolex want them closed, too many story like this back then. I hope they learned from the past.

Just an update... I called them today to ask how much do they charge to service a Submariner and they quoted me $600 plus parts if needed. So i guess the cost has not gone up yet.