Sign in to follow this  
onions

Sub Bezel difficult to rotate

Hi all,

Finding it quite difficult to rotate the bezel on my sub and having to apply far more pressure than should be required...

It will turn but certainly not as freely as it should. Fear that there might be a build up of dirt or other grime perhaps.

Is there any quick fix for this without having to remove the bezel? A spray or something?

Cheers and thanks for your help in anticipation,

Regards,

Ian

Try rotating the bezel with the watch submerged in warm soapy water.

Warning: If your watch has not been serviced or pressure tested in a very long time then I would not use this method,you don`t want to risk water damage.

If you're due for service I would just send in to the RSC, or have a local watchmaker take a look if it's not due. It is a precision piece and while it can get gunked up, it takes a lot for it not to be functional. There maybe something going on that soap can't fix.

if the soap and water doesn't work...

removing the bezel is relatively easy and painless if you take the time to read up on it...

i have done it several times recently on new to me watches to give them a fresh start, there always seems to be a good bit of gunk under there.

the "Burgeon 4932" tool is ideal. here is a picture of what you cant see under the bezel: you will also have a thin metal washer and a very small spring to be aware of. your tool should come in parallel to the flat, so it gets the deepest and surest surface contact area... don't forget to mask/tape off the lug.

cheers.gif

look for tutorials by "tools" and "jocke" both very thorough and amazing

thumbsup.gif