Sign in to follow this  
FeyM�

Reverso Classique Size Question/Input

Hello JLC owners,

I've had my eye on a Reverso for some time and am able to obtain a classique model at a considerable discount from MSRP via grey market. I know it's smaller than the Grand models which people generally prefer, but I was wondering if anyone with the Classique or both could post some pictures to compare size. I have generally small wrists and "skinny forearms" and am fine with watches in the 37-40mm range (my sweetspot is 41-22m), but I'm not sure how this compares to the Classique Reverso sized at 23.5 X 38.8mm due to the rectangular case. I don't want to take the plunge and find it's too small later. What are the general thoughts on the men's Classique Reversos?

Any input will help,

Thanks!

I have smaller wrists too (6.75" and flat), and I bought a Reverso DuoFace a few months ago, and I've loved it. It's smaller than the Grand but larger than the Classique, and for me it's the perfect size. Before I bought it, I went to dealers several times and tried on each size several times so that I'd be certain that my feelings about the watch weren't likely to change. If the Duoface were 1 or 2 mm smaller, I think I'd still love it. If it were larger, I don't think I would. The Grands all seem so big, especially on a wrist my size. I think at that size, unless your wrist is giant too, the Grand is no longer elegant and old-fashioned looking. Instead I think it starts to look clunky and kind of like a joke. Maybe if I had an 8" wrist, I'd feel differently. Anyway, my advice to you: go to a dealer; go a few times; try on all of the Reversos; look at the watch from all angles; look at the watch on your wrist in a mirror; and then make your decision. Don't rush your decision because of the discount you can get. A few millimeters on a watch can make a big difference. My hunch, though, given your general preference in watch size, is that you won't like the Classique. Your sweet spot for round watches is 41-42, but mine is 36-38.

Good luck!

A very personal decision in how a watch "looks/fits". Have to try them on, no two ways about it. I've found that even if/with the "right size" length wise, watch thickness comes into play. Shape of wrist also contributes a big part to an acceptable personal fit imo. I have 6.5 inch wrists, very flat on top. A round wrist doesn't accept the flat/straight back/lugs of Reverso pieces as well (again, imo). I had a Grand Taille which wore too small so I know the Classique wouldn't cut it for me. The Grand Reverso UT models, while larger/longer, are also the thinnest models and so work the best on my wrist as far as I'm concerned, though ever a millimeter longer and it would probably be out too (whew!). I don't have GT wrist pics unfortunately but these are the UT models that are acceptable to me to hopefully give you something to go by till you strap one on. Some have told me they wear too large but I don't agree obviously, good luck in finding the right one for you . . . .

One thing that is important to remember is that the Reverso Classique has a lug to lug length of 38.8mm IE it is around the size of an average 35mm watch. I would really recommend a Grande Taille if your wrists are on the smaller side. However, it depends on what you like as a lug size (IE what is the max lug to lug measurement you will wear)

Why don't you o to an AD and try them on? You're only looking and you can get a good feel for how it sits.

I I wanted a reverso classique for years tried it on but the numbers on the dial didn't do much for me so I passed.

The photos drhr posted are the bomb. That's similar to my wrist size and is the sweet spot for me. The others are too small or too big

IMO better to go a reverso on the small size than big - over sized dress watches look awful

Digressing a little, I've always wondered the fact that everyone calls the reverso a dress watch; in my eyes, a true dress watch is circular, below 39mm (+/- depending on wrist size), white face, no numerals of any kind and must be made of gold.

I would have said the reverso is a "smart" watch: it can worn in attire as dressy as a suit to as dressed down as a polo and chinos.