Sign in to follow this  
Hono05

New JLC MC RDM

Hi,

I visted my local JLC AD yesterday to look at candidate dress watches. I was in luck in that they had both stainless steel Master Control models that I was interested in. I looked at the both the Grande Master Ultra Thin (GMUT) and the Reserve de Marche (RDM).

I loved the look of the GMUT from its photos, but on my wrist the 40 mm diameter (mostly face with a fine bezel) was just too large. The RDM on the other hand at 37 mm was more appropriate for my wrist. Mind you, I wear sports watches up to 44 mm but for a dress watch, where the GMUT seemed out of balance, the RDM seemed proportionate.

This is the value of seeing something hands on before purchasing a watch. In any case, the EDM came home with me. I like its asymmetry, its understated timelessness of the face design. This is my first JLC. I have attached some photos.

20150828220637_detz3sczc2w.gif

Bob

20150828220639_5p4dcpfbn1k.jpg

20150828220640_nilzuaw0xga.jpg

20150828220641_evl55nilula.jpg

20150828220641_t1sibueqlho.jpg

Congratulations my Friend I was able to try one on recently and it was a perfect fit for me as well. Definitley one of my top choices for future addition to my collection. Wear and enjoy...