Sign in to follow this  
Heber

My first watch!

Hello guys, been a lurker for some time, used this website for alot of my research!

My first watch well technically my second since the Explorer I was given by my father, after loads of research and everything, I knew I had to get a JLC. Its such a respected brand and since I am the type of person that wears the same watch every day, I knew I had to get something that I treasure and love even if it was slightly out of my price range.

I actually wanted this in Black Leather but they only had the SS bracelet. I was shocked at how much more expensive the SS bracelet is almost 1K more so I haggled until they gave me a black leather strap for free and a nice discount price as well which will do for me!

20150828220857_huqrwuxaajb.jpg

You were lucky to get the leather strap too. $$ to buy separately.

Fabulous watch.

Now you have a slight problem. It will be very difficult for you to get a lesser watchmake. Most watches pale in comparison to your nice piece!

It is easy: No comparison.

The design of all the parts of the watches, the actual quality of the Dials, applied numerals and markers, the detaile finish, everything is superior on my JLC's to the rest.

Of course, the movements (visible under the crystal caseback) are wisually stunning

The Omegas and Breitling are several steps lower. Nice, yes, but not the same!

Panerai - fashion statement. Even an almost 50 year old guy wants to be "in" !!!

In fact, the detail finish on the Pam is crap. ETA movement. Printed Dial with holes in (sandwich)

The rest? Printed dials, ETA movements.

Kind of cheap.

Janne,

Those are some great comparisons and descriptions you give... Definitely what I was expecting to hear but hearing it so well put by someone who owns a JLC and other brands confirms what I think about JLC. Now I just need to get my first one LoL!

Thank you for your nice words!!

But I mean it. I find it frankly speaking shocking that we WUS members rave about Fit & Finish, and most of the watches we talk about are cheaply made.

JLC, PP and other like that are REAL watches.