Sign in to follow this  
Jeffpas

Frustrated with replaced Orient Orange Ray

So I ordered an orange ray from Amazon last week and when I opened it up I noticed a gray looking dot on the bezel lume. I thought this was normal but after some searching found out it wasn't and returned the watch the next day. Amazon is great with returns and I already received the new replacement before shipping out the old one.

Upon opening the package and watch was perfect and the lume was too with no blemishes. Taking a look at my watch this morning (which the time accuracy is spot on, pretty freakin sweet) I did notice another gray looking blemish on the lume, it's just a gray dot that is perfectly in the center so it almost looks normal but isn't!! Aaahhh what gives?!?! I'm not going to return it and I'll have to get over it. Just seeing if this is common... I do have a Blue Ray that I will be receiving as a gift and I am worried it will happen to that one also.

Don't kid yourself it is completely normal, the lume pip is not glass covered so the first time it is rubbed on ANYTHING it is going to have that mark on it, probably happens during shipping when it's bouncing around in the watch box but if it doesn't arrive that way it will certainly be that way before the day is out!

You can rub the mark off (white pencil erasor, scrape it with a razor, be creative and see what you get) and it will look good as new.

I have cut the pip's on my Ray's and Mako's flush with the bezel with a razor and applied a tiny tiny bit of clear epoxy over it to help prevent those marks once it's flush with the bezel it's much less prone to being rubbed on things anyway.

just for the hell of it, i tried an eraser and it worked. thank you good sir. at first i thought it was part of the lume that rubbed off, didn't think i could have scratched it agains something. thank you