Sign in to follow this  
Zerone

Seiko SKX007K - Astonishing accuracy

On Saturday I received the SKX007 from Creation Watches. The serial number is preceded by '51', so I assume it was manufactured in January of this year if I understand how to decode Seiko serial numbers. I believe this means it should have a 7S26C movement. Anyway, all I can say is WOW! I set it at 4:02PM on Saturday and I logged it as being 22 seconds ahead (can't synchronize it to the second with the non-hacking movement). The following day at 4:02PM I checked it and she was 2 to 2.5 seconds ahead. Great! What's better though is that nearly 3 days since it was set, it's only 3 seconds ahead! In the last 2 days it has barely gained a second.

I am reasonably active and so far have only taken it off at night (approximately 8 hours).

From what I gather this is better than typical accuracy.

You have been blessed. My first SKX007K2 gained over a minute a day, so I sent it back. My SKX009 loses about 30 seconds a day. I don't like the accuracy, but love the watch. I've got another SKX007K2 on its way, and I hope it's better. Good luck with yours.

Yes, January 2015 with a 7S26C.

Definitively better than the average. However, not that unusual. I got some (three, maybe four, out of thirteen) that run in the range of + or - 2 sec/day.

I mentioned the accuracy of my recently acquired skx009 in a different post. Ive have had mine for 10 days now, I held the crown back to stop the second hand from moving and set the watch 2 seconds slow of the atomic clock.

Now I havent worn it constantly in fact it sat for a couple of days while I wore my alpinist, I did shake though for a 30secs on both of the days it sat in the watch box as i wanted to keep it running.

Since then it gained 12 secs but is now down to 10secs but in 10days that is very impressive indeed.

Im expecting it to slow again as the watch breaks in but it will be interesting to see how accurate it is in a month or two.

That's awesome. My OM with the same movement ran 10 seconds fast over a period of more than one month which is insane. Currently it's at +9 seconds over the last two weeks or so since I re-started the accuracy measurement. Gotta love it.