Sign in to follow this  
catcpo

watch buying tips – is tourbillion watch worthy of buying?

As recent years of the watch trend, seems tourbillion has become a future theme in horology, you can see that tourbillion has taken a major position in these successive years of SIHH. 

By facing of its raise, I bet many watch fans are really confused, friends around me also show intention to buy tourbillion watches, so here I wanna post something related to this topic only in my personal opinion, hope it can function a little bit of help to you, of course, I would be very much grateful if it can help some friends who happen to have desire of buying one accompanied by this performance. As for its working principle, I’m gonna skip that, if you are interested in, just simple use the google. 

In simplicity, the functions of Tourbillion mainly embodied on two sides, firstly, to offset the effect of gravity on watches so to decrease the shifts on balance spring set, secondly, to display the exquisite and ingenious workmanship used on tourbillion.

But in fact in nowadays, tourbillion is not the only option to decrease the balance spring shifts, as the development of Nanotechnology, computerized control, discovery of new material and technologies, even if not the tourbillion watches, the shifts on balance spring also can be decreased to a perfect level. 

So in my opinion, now the only true meaning of tourbillion is to display the great workmanship and craftsmanship. When you purchase a tourbillion watch, and find its accuracy isn’t better than chronometer, there is nothing to surprise. 

Many of my friends, their tourbillion watch is not used to wear on wrist but to quietly store in their watch box, when some friends with same watch hobby gather together, then it’s time to give their tourbillon watch a good show. 

So my advice is, to any friends who intend to buy tourbillion watches, you must be clear about what does it use for? 

For investment, actually the tourbillion watch indeed have a good value keeping, but most of them are superficially having the price tag and hard to be sold out, that means yes your watch actually has a great price, but barely find anyone willing to buy it. 

Price of a tourbillion watch somehow is equal to a sport car, a housing estate, if you don’t have the spare money for a tourbillion watch, then giving up the mind of buying one asap.