Sign in to follow this  
sam111

Q&A: please decipher this cyrillic engraving!!!

You can post in this Q&A thread all your queries about case backs with custom engravings to decipher from cyrillic and translate.

I'll be glad to help and hopefully other will join in answering the queries.

The photographs must be clear, sometimes an additional shot from another angle is useful too.

Please only CUSTOM ENGRAVINGS and no queries about the usual Russian brands on the dials and stamped writings on the case back:

'Pakema' is 'Raketa', 'Azam' is 'Agat', and 'BOAOHEIIPOHUUAEM61E' means 'waterproof ':)

Hello comrade Russian speakers - you have your first customer. I would very much appreciate your opinion on the translation, correctness and authenticity of the engraving below:

20150918184140_53dgdvwh2re.jpg

You have my thanks for any help and insight you may be generous to give

This engraving says: " Якименко Михаилу Михайловичу от товарищей по службе в Генеральном штабе. апрель 1982 года" - "To Yakimenko Mihail Mihaylovich from colleagues (or 'comrades'...) from General Staff. april 1982"

P.S. If you saw a crazy message from me before I managed to change it, many apologies. I got confused between Taptalk and Facebook on my phone, and you received a message with a kiss, which was directed at someone completely different, please let me assure you

20150918184140_cucigw1amdr.gif

On the engraving, I think the '1982' might actually be 1988, it is hard to see. If it is 1988, then that would be more appropriate to the watch. Hopefully this is genuine and there are no obvious giveaways that it is not. If so I will probably make a move to buy it. Many thanks again, your help is very much appreciated!

I've got a few. First up is not an engraving, but actual a dial marking. At the very bottom, there's the usual "Сделано в СССР", but after that, just to the right, there's something I can't make out. I'm not sure if it's legible due to the crystal obstructing the view. These are seller photos -- I don't have the watch yet. Once it arrives, I can post better photos, if necessary. Thanks! :)

20150918184152_t4mmull0fyt.jpeg

20150918184159_e5bb12pqzgr.JPG

20150918184202_hnpdp5x2mfo.JPG