Sign in to follow this  
cmmaster

I Visited Uglich but..

..I had no intention of buying a watch. In fact I did not even know that it used to have a large watch factory. Before my visit I kept away from the Russian Watch Forum so that I would not be tempted, but once a WIS always a WIS. I walked past a watch shop in the town and my wife ( bless her, I bought her a Chayka with an enameled bracelet ) asked me if I really didn't want to go in and I my resolve crumbled when I saw this.

The instructions which came with the watch has moon-phase tables which would suggest that it was made ~2005, so I assume that it is NOS but since I had not done any research and bought it on a whim I have no idea what it should have cost. The front of the booklet has BURAN, AVIATOR & STURMANSKIE on it but a Volmax e-mail address & Ð“Ð»Ð°Ð²Ð½Ð°Ñ Ñтраница | ÐVIATOR on the back. The strap has AVIATOR on it. I had looked at watches with this dial configuration for some time but they were either automatic or cost more than I was prepared to pay for a watch that I didn't really need! I particularly liked that it had no English on the dial (my German watch has only German on the dial).

I am confused, what is this watch called? I think that the movement is a Poljot 3105 and the retailer assured me that it was all Russian made, any help would be appreciated.

The 2614 is not listed in the booklet which came with the watch, but it may be the wrong booklet .

the ones listed are:-

3105 3 hands with date at 3. (small seconds at 9)

3105.79 as above but date at 12 and moonphase at 6

3133 Chronograph with subdials at 3 and 9, date at 6 , SWEEP seconds

31679 Chronograph as above but with additional moonphase dial at 6, date at 12

31681 chronograph with sub dials at 3, 6,and 9, the subdial at 6 with a 24 hr. hand. The date is within this dial at 6

i.e only the chronographs have sweep seconds so this hand may be the running seconds for the chronograph.

Very frustrating since I cannot read Russian.

Longjean,

Printed booklets can be outdated rather quickly, all the 31-series are variations of the 3133 chronograph with a sub-dial second, and this watch sure does not seem like one powered by one of those. The most common - or should I say the latest one with the longest production - Poljot movement with a centre second hand and date display, is the 2614.2N (often written by non-Russians as 2614.2H) with 17 jewels, and it's the most likely candidate without popping the caseback for a look.