Sign in to follow this  
Julie

Russian Pocket watch?

Hi Comrades,

My Dad recently bought this nice pocket watch, he asked in the vintage/pocket watch section it's age and who makes it etc, just wondered if any of the regulars in here know anymore about it? fellow member Emre thinks it's an older Molnija in a newer case. Anyone know anymore about it?

Is молния Russian for Lightning? or have I read it wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

Thanks Liahim,

Sorry not sure what you mean by 2000th, do you mean this would have been made around the year 2000 and the case is original to the 3602 movement? what is this Limitka word? is that the parliament or the watch?

Thanks again, much appreciated

20150918191420_pfiykeiabir.gif

Chris

The watch is a Molnija (Russian for Lightning) brand, which was made in Chelyabinsk, Russia. I'd say the watch is original, and that a production year of 2000 is accurate (Molnija ceased production around 2008 if I recall correctly), although I cannot say with certainty. That looks like the Kazakh parliament building featured on the case (the other side says "Kazakhstan" in Cyrillic), but I do not know much about Kazakh politics TBH.

The movement is a post-soviet made 3602, I'd say it was cased in the factory this way. Although it does appear from the pictures that the balance assembly was replaced at some point, notice how the balance assembly is silver and the rest of the movement is gold coloured.

Thanks Guys, Much appreciated, my dad bought the watch because he liked it, the seller claimed it was a 60's piece, I thought it was definitely post soviet I guessed at around 1995 but I am only a beginner

20150918191420_pfiykeiabir.gif

Regards,

Chris.