Sign in to follow this  
wyiuesdf

Is this a defect? - Tzar Nicolai II

I have finally received my Tzar Nicolai II from Poljot24.de. Julian Kampmann was very helpful during and after the purchase, surely the cookies he sent as a gift really made me happy. It was packaged perfectly and the two free extra straps were really nice in quality.

Though I adored the watch, upon a closer inspection there is something that made me surprised. As in the picture you can see the numbers indicating the limited edition and the serial number of the watch within this limited production. Mine is 0865/1000. But the last "0" in the number 1000 is obviously leaned. If this was an ordinary watch I would not care but this is an expensive (at least considering my current budget) watch and upon all the other pictures I have seen in this watch the numbers are perfectly straight, however this obvious leaning really touches my eyes.

So a short question, is this a normal and expected issue, or a defect and should I be asking for another one before its too late?

An unequivocal defect, in my opinion. But this brings up an interesting question: as this is the 865th piece, if it's flawed, does Poljot International make another 865th? Or would they replace it with another, meaning there are only 999 pieces in the wild? I'd be interested to hear their response if you suggested you wanted the exact same watch.

Being as OCD as I am, that would bug me to no end. I would have to look at the watch a minimum of 4 times to be able to check the time, because the first 3 times would be spent staring at that zero...

I concur with what others have written here. Let Julian know, and he will replace it. The "1" in "1000" is crooked too.

I guess this is a potential problem with printing anything unique on the dial of a watch. Whatever printing mechanism is used must have replaceable digits, and if one is installed crooked, the result is crooked.

I am the other way inclined - if this is a defect from the factory, and it is the only piece in the series with this defect, it would make it absolutely unique in all respects, and this would give the piece added value to me. But that's just me...