Sign in to follow this  
Buee1

1967 Won't Wind

I wound my 1967 and all seemed just fine until the crown got jammed somehow. I can change the time and I can screw the crown back in but when I try to wind it I get resistance like when a hand wind movement is fully wound. The watch is running but foolishly I haven't been paying attention to how well it is (or isn't) keeping time. Has anyone else have this happen to them?

Thanks for your kind response. I'm the original owner and the case has never been opened. I thought about trying to do what you suggested but I'm not too crazy about opening it up. Perhaps I'll have to try.

It's possible some parts of the keyless works have gotten out of place but since a repair like that would require removing the movement, hands, dial, and date mechanism, removing the crown and trying to re-insert it is an easy first step and it might work.

Good luck!

I put the watch away for a few weeks after I had trouble winding it. I was planning to open her up today to remove and reinstall the crown but figured I should try winding it again... much to my surprise it was fine again. I was able to fully wind the watch and it's keeping perfect time. Go figure.

Russian technology at it's finest! That's why I love Vostoks. My great-grandfather gave me a Vostok when I was about 8 or so (I'm now 44) that stopped working when I was about 10. I found it in a desk drawer when I was 19 or 20, wound it up and it ticked merrily away for the next 5 years. Then I stupidly sold it, not knowing that I would really want it back 20 years later...

20150918190901_dxgnxaxqunj.gif