Sign in to follow this  
cornolio

Need help deciding on first russian movement watch.

Hey guys I'd like to try out a russian automatic movement. Presently I'm looking at 2 watches to fill 1 vacancy in my watch box.

The first is a Moscow Classic Aeronavigator that's suppose to be running a "Vostok 2416B" (according to seller's website details) or a 2824 (as per classic Moscow website) movement. Similar to the one in the link below.

The second is a CCCP Suptnik1 with a salva movement. (I know it's not a true russian watch). Similar to the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAM0Ml2sY_w

I love the look of the 2 watches so aesthetics isn't really an issue here for me. What's my concerns are really the reliability of the movements. The CCCP is half the price of the Moscow Classic.

Opinions are welcomed.

Thanks guys.

If you didn't also mention dressing it down, I'd suggest going for a Poljot De Luxe, or some other watch with that nice thin movement. But you seem to want a general all-rounder rather than a dress watch.

How about a Vostok Komandirskie with one of the more restrained dials and titanium nitride plating?

I dunno.....with the right strap, I think a 2209 dresses down pretty nicely.

20150918191541_cmbuhtdumgk.jpg

To the OP: I don't know much about these movements, but my guess is they will offer similar reliability and accuracy. If you honestly like the appearances equally, and if the price difference is really so large, then I would go for the more affordable option.