Sign in to follow this  
Conier

Need advice on old Russian military watches from eBay

Hi Dennis,

Just mentioning military watches is probably too broad a topic for anyone to weigh in with meaningful suggestions. As you're in the Russian forum I assume it's a Russian watch you're after so I'd suggest searching ebay for Russian watches and post up a few that take your fancy and the knowledgeable posters will offer their opinions.

Or if you're looking for new watches, meranom.com & poljot24.de has a good selection across a range of price points.

Maybe "military-themed" watch is what he means.

There were only a handful of soviet watches manufactured to be worn only by military personnel and not available to the public.

Of the bunch the Poljot sturmanski chrono with the stainless steel body is probably the easiest to come by and the least expensive, but it can be hard to buy an authentic one.

Some reading:

Guide to Determining the Age and Originality of a Poljot 3133 Chronograph

Space watches:

russian space watches

The Vostok 300m amphibians issued to military divers only:

Vostok Amphibia 300m

And that's about it for the true "military-issued" soviet watches. It will take some patience and cash to get an authentic one. Good luck!

20150918191639_ouitmpbj2j3.JPG

Vostok also has produced a single series of 10 000 watches for American troops during the Gulf War,.Unfortunately, or fortunately, the Gulf War was over soon after delivery of the first batch and production of these watches has been discontinued.,

I served in the Soviet Army. I have Orient M-forses, they are not military or Russian. And no watches were issued specifically for military purposes. My grandfather served 1940-1968 and in late 40-ies that had issued everything from socks to overcoats, but no watches. He had his own "Pobeda".